Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 11 and Google Docs

At last I am nearing the end of what shouldn't be a trial but sometimes it has felt like one.
I am amazed at all the applications available on-line and hope that one day we will use them more. At least I might have a bit of a handle on it all.

Google docs. Well I tried getting one going but came up against a few problems when I tried to open and send a spreadsheet.
Anyhow I am hoping that our inter branch library Yahoo Groups will suffice for my "work experience".
I created a photo album consisting of photographs of David Millar and Peter Klein, two authors who came to Holbrook library over the past two years.
This can be viewed by all of our branch and other staff. In Yahoo groups we have a shared calendar and many other applications.
I will persevere with Google docs though as it is a great idea.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I am sorry that this course has felt like a trial at times - I think it is its relentless nature over the 12 or so weeks.

Feel free to ring about the Google docs issue - I may be able to talk you through it.

Ellen (PLS)