Monday, December 15, 2008

Done like a dinner

Hi, Last week, yippee!!
Facebook etc. I have mixed feelings about it all. Having two teenage daughters who use Bebo and Myspace etc I wonder just how much information is going out into the ether. They are fairly cautious so I hope all is well. I myself got a rude shock when I typed my locality in Flickr where the general public can access and lo and behold pictures of my house, garden and kids!!
My Scottish niece had been on a working holiday and had posted her holiday snaps in Flicke to share with friends . I don't think she realised that they were accessible to the public. Anyway I just felt a bit strange with us all on show.

However, I enjoyed myself when I clicked on the link to East Renfrewshire Council and ended up reading Scottish news items. Didn't get to the Facebook part but I did enjoy Rotorua Bebo. I'm sure it'll be a winner with younger people and they sure were getting a lot of love!

As time goes on and I have more time to be involved in this technology I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Since embarking on this course I have learned a huge amount even if it was under sufferance for a while. I can see the potential for libraries to engage people through the web and allow people from all over the world access to our resources.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

congratulations!
Mylee (PLS)